We are pleased to offer real-time online bidding via Proxibid for some of our auctions. We offer this service for our quarterly equipment consignment auctions and some real estate auctions. This allows you to bid on property/equipment if you are not able to attend the auction in person.
We proudly partner with the industry leader, proxibid.com, to facilitate our online auctions. This partnership allows for a convenient, secure and fun way of bidding. You will watch real-time bid changes while listening to the auctioneer. Once registered, simply bid by the click of your mouse!
Registering to bid online is an easy process! The terms are slightly different than registering to bid on-site, but it still only takes a couple minutes to register.
How the online bidding process works:
- Find the auction you wish to register for, and click on the register tab for that auction. If you are new to Proxibid, you will need to create an account. This is the first step of the four step registration process.
- Once registered online for an auction, you will be sent a confirmation email. Each online auction is unique in the terms and conditions of the sale, so you need to agree to these. (Some auctions have different preview times, different payment terms, buyers premiums, etc.)
- You will be able to login and leave pre-bids prior to the auction or bid live once the auction begins.
- When you submit a live bid, that bid is relayed to a Bid Assistant on the floor or directly to the Auctioneer as if you were at the auction. If you are the successful bidder, you will receive an invoice after the auction is over.
Example of how pre-bids work:
If you leave a $500 bid on an item, the bidding WILL NOT start at $500. Instead, the bidding generally starts on the floor, with live, on-site bids. The Bid Assistant monitoring the online bidding will bid on your behalf up to your $500 pre-bid. The Bid Assistant will bid for you just like you are at the auction. If the competitive bidding stops at $400, you will pay $400 for the item, even though the pre-bid price was more. Placing a pre-bid eliminates the problems that can occur due to internet connectivity issues. pre-bids will be executed whether you are watching the auction or not.
Entz Auction & Realty only takes payment for online purchases in the form of wire transfers, unless prior arrangements have been made. Online purchases are subject to all state sales tax laws. Equipment purchases must be paid in full before Entz Auction & Realty will release the items. Although we provide online bidding for a convenience to our customers, we encourage you to inspect the equipment/property in person.
We all know problems can occur with internet and computers. Because of this, Entz Auction & Realty is not responsible for lost or delayed signal, missed bids due to connectivity issues, or any other technical issues. To insure your bids are placed and received, we encourage you to use the pre-bid feature.
Here are some simple tips to improving your online experience:
- Register in advance!! Don’t wait until the morning of the auction! This insures you will get registered and be ready to bid. We recommend registering at least 48 hours prior to the auction, allowing you time to get any questions answered you might have.
- Bid early, don’t wait until the last minute!! By bidding early the Auctioneer will be aware of your interest in the item. Don’t wait until the last minute to try and bid, you might be too late!
- Contact Proxibid with registration questions. If you have any questions during the registration process, contact Proxibid at 1-877-505-7770.